The Senior Controller is a full-time, salaried position (with a potential annual bonus opportunity and other benefits described below). This position is an integral part of the Company’s corporate accounting team and will be the primary manager of the day-to-day accounting tasks and needs of the Company. The Senior Controller will report directly to the CFO. The Company is poised for significant growth and this is a unique opportunity in Charleston to get into an innovative company with exposure to complex, international accounting, as well as operational reporting and financing, with a dynamic team. This role will be a key part of operations and be expected to participate significantly at the management level and contribute meaningfully to the group strategy.
Essential Job Functions:
- Prepare the consolidated quarterly financial statements, including consolidations, and working papers to support various disclosures and reconciliations.
- Manage the accuracy and productivity of the day-to-day activities of accounts payable, cash disbursements, invoicing / billing, customer collections, payroll, inventory and fixed asset records, and cost accounting.
- Oversight of treasury and cash management, including bank and credit relationships
- Coordinate the annual audit and tax returns with the Company’s third-party advisors.
- Manage the day-to-day responsibilities of the Company’s staff accountants, including month and quarterly close reporting
- Assist in monthly revenue and expense forecasting and modelling
- Assist with the preparation of the Company’s annual budget.
- Assist with implementation of systems and workflow improvements, including implementation of an ERP system.
- Create and maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures across the Company’s operations, optimizing workflow, integration and systems on a continual basis.
- Perform various trend analyses related to customers, vendors and program pricing
- Partnering with other management leaders to perform ad hoc and project reporting and analyses to support key business decisions
- Manage the Company’s property tax, state registration and annual business tax processes in US and Canada.
Desired Education, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and/or Business Administration.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of experience in progressive accounting roles.
- CPA license and public company experience highly preferred.
- Thorough understanding of GAAP principles; SOX and IFRS experience would be a plus.
- Proficiency in QuickBooks.
- Experience with ERP and accounting software, as well as international experience a plus.
- Microsoft Office Suite knowledge (especially Excel).
- Experience with assisting in HR processes and procedures a plus.
- Ability to be proactive and a self-starter.
- Unlimited paid-time-off time (yes, you read that correctly).
- Company paid health, dental, and disability insurances.
- Company-wide employee stock option plan.
**Please submit Resume in Word (not PDF) Format. Thanks!