Fully integrated international multifamily investment, development, and property management company in Charleston is looking for a Senior Investment Accountant in its Corporate Headquarters to join its international investment accounting team. Ideal candidate should have 2 – 4 years of accounting experience with partnerships & corporations. A successful candidate will have a background with a public accounting firm or equivalent experience with either a real estate company or investment management company. GAAP experience is preferred, and a Certified Public Accountant as well as IFRS experience is a plus. The Company offers competitive pay and benefits as well as opportunity for advancement. EOE.
- Prepare full cycle month end for corporate including: general ledger reconciliations, expense accruals, journal entries, monthly review of fixed assets and depreciation as well as monthly reconciliations of bank accounts, accounts receivable, accounts payable and intercompany accounts.
- Assist Accounting Manager in preparing monthly, quarterly, and annual investor reporting schedules.
- Prepare various monthly financial statements for multiple joint ventures.
- Assist Accounting Manager with annual joint venture audit and coordination of financial information for Tax Director.
- Train and mentor staff accountant
- Additional responsibilities will include tasks associated with property and loan closings, capital calls, and distributions to investors.
- BS in Accounting with a Master of Accounting or equivalent experience
- Minimum 2 year of accounting experience in a public accounting, private equity or real estate firm
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- CPA and Yardi software experience a plus, but not required
Please send resume in Word format (not PDF) to firstname.lastname@example.org