SUMMARY Under minimum supervision, performs cost accounting, process improvement, problem resolution and reporting functions according to established procedures or as directed by the Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Must be able to assist the CFO on improving a cost accounting system and reporting requirements.
- Must prepare and report financial analysis of cost reports and costing audits to the approved personnel.
- Must partner with key internal customers (i.e. production, engineering, shipping, inventory control, sales, etc.) to ensure accurate and meaningful reporting and analysis.
- Performs accounting functions consisting of inventory and labor hour maintenance.
- Supports monthly close process.
- Generates labor cost and shipments reports for management review.
- Manages cost accounting system.
- Conducts product line analysis for management review.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
KNOWLEGDE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Related work experience for 3 to 6 years in cost accounting and/or finance.
- Technical skills in account reconciliation, cost analysis and month-end close responsibilities, etc.
- Ability to plan and manage multiple projects successfully.
- Possess a strong customer orientation.
- Pays attention to detail.
- Has proven skills in problem analysis and problem resolution.
- Has excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Is a high-performance team member and a strong team player.
- Computer proficiency: Word, Excel and Crystal Reports. JobBoss preferred.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Requires a bachelor’s degree in Accounting from an accredited college, university or technical school; and/or a minimum of three (3) years related experience and/or training in; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Must possess strong math and analytical skills.
Requires analytical knowledge; ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret technical publications. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
**Acceptable background, reference and credit check
***Please submit Resume in Word (not PDF Format) to firstname.lastname@example.org