The corporate accountant will be responsible for cash management/bank accounts, capital calls and distributions to investors, investor reporting, capital transaction management, financial reporting, audit supports, investment acquisitions, investment dispositions and other general functions. This position will also be required to master all the duties of a staff corporate accountant.
Assist with the management of the day to day cash transactions of each fund/venture that is assigned. This includes but
is not limited to daily oversight of bank accounts, maintaining relationships with our banks as well as understanding the online banking platforms, entering transactions into Oracle on a timely basis; managing the intercompany bill-backs and accounts payable process, setting up and inputting wire/ACH transactions, and completing monthly bank reconciliations.
Assist with the management the allocation and documentation process for capital transactions between the funds/ventures and investors. Prepare contribution and distribution calculations and packets. Oversee the signature process and upload the notices to the Intralinks site for investor and internal review.
Report financials in accordance with IFRS and/or US GAAP. Compile the monthly, quarterly, and annual financials. Prepare the monthly reporting work-papers and reconciling accounts, referencing and tying out the consolidated financials, prepare the support for the tables and charts that are included within the management discussion and analysis, and deliver quarterly information to internal company stakeholders (i.e. corporate and investment departments) when necessary. Assist the senior corporate accountant with any ad hoc investor reporting, compliance documentation, and other ad hoc 3rd party reporting requested.
On an annual basis, or in accordance with the legal agreements, assist with the audit management for each of the co-investment funds. Assist with the oversight of the day to day process of the audit from start to finish. Assist with the preparation of the PBC request list, upload audit documents, roll-forward prior year-end financials, assist the Senior in preparing tables and charts when necessary, and prepare the current audited financial statements when required by manager.
Use Oracle software to house all the General Ledgers by entity. Enter journal entries, run reports for analytics as well as reporting, and use the Development module for cash, contributions, distributions and other internal transactions. Work with IT to create new natural accounts and create efficiencies or correct errors within the system as found.
Understand the underlying agreements of each venture. Work to become familiar with the specific sections that are relevant to better understand the overall structure, including but not limited to, partnership expenses, fees, commitments
and subscriptions, capital calls and distributions, and financial reporting requirements. Work to build relationships with other stakeholders, both internally and externally, to understand how the co-investment accounting functions affect all parties.
- Completes various human resources, financial, administrative, and other reports and analysis, and performs other duties as assigned or as necessary.
- Follows established policies and procedures by monitoring and ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements, organizational standards, and operational processes related to area(s) of responsibility and reporting violations or infractions to appropriate individual(s).
- Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with Company, property, and departmental policies, procedures, and standards by immediately reporting any mechanical or electrical equipment malfunctions, employee/visitor/resident injuries or accidents, or other safety issues to appropriate individual(s).
- Identifies areas for improvement and offers suggestions to improve efficiency and
- Keeps abreast of current changes in technology, processes, and standards within the industry and area(s) of responsibility by attending internal and external training classes, research and/or subscribing to the internet or other professional publications, or utilizing other appropriate method(s) to obtain business and professional information, and applies knowledge and practices to area(s) of
Required Licenses or Certifications:
- CPA preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Master’s degree or higher in Accounting is
- 3 to 7 years of directly related
- Demonstrated proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, ERP (Oracle), and database management programs in order to complete required
- Demonstrated ability to complete financial records and other fiscal and accounting reporting
**Submit resume in Word (not PDF) format.